Job Interviews

I had an interview for a new job this week, this isn't something that I do very often. It made me realise how different this process is now from when I first started my career. I have been working in my particular field for a number of years now so I have plenty of experience at doing this kind of job. When I first started looking for jobs I had very little experience of working and I didn't really know what I wanted to do as a career.

This meant that when I was applying for jobs and going to interviews I was just hoping that someone would give me a chance to prove myself. I didn't really give a lot of thought or lots of questions about what the job or employer could offer me because I either didn't have a job or the job I was in was really not what I wanted to do meaning that I didn't have a lot to lose by leaving my current role and starting a new one (even if it turned out to not be right for me in the long run).

Now however, I am in a job that is much better for me and I have a lot more experience which means not only that I can take more time in making sure that the job that I am going to is the right one for me but also that I am a much more attractive candidate for these jobs. Both of these factors mean that when I am going to interviews now not only do I have to prove that I can do the job but also the employer has to prove to me that working for them is good for me as well.

This is an odd feeling but it just shows how far I have come in my career, even though at times it is easy to forget this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1,200 Calorie Diets

I don't complain enough